The best way to learn the Nautical Rules of the Road.
NavRules provides all the questions, answers, explanations and resources to help you master the Nautical Rules of the road. For all mariners, from kayakers to ship captains.
Based on the International and US Inland Navigation Rules along with the published edition of the USCG database of license exam questions, this App helps you master the Navigation Rules using a practice exam driven methodology.
Using NavRules you generate practice exams where you:
• control the number of questions,
• control the scope of the questions (international vs inland),
• specify a filter (a text string that must appear in the question),
• specify the rule the questions pertain to,
• identify whether the question has been previously answered or not, or answered incorrectly or not.
This gives you control over the tests that are generated so you can focus your learning experience.
After taking an exam you can review the results to see:
• which questions were answered correctly,
• for incorrect answers the correct answer,
• the rule the question pertains to so you can understand the context of the question.
Every practice exam you take tracks your results relative the the Navigation Rules Question Pool. By browsing the Question Pool you can see your progress on understanding each rule.
For each rule NavRules reposts:
• your coverage (number of questions you have answered) and,
• your proficiency (the percentage of questions you have answered correctly).
If you want to study a rule you can link directly to the questions related to that rule and choose the answers. In this "review" mode you get immediate feedback on whether your answer is correct (but these results are not recorded and do not impact your rule coverage or proficiency).
The Flash Card mode lets you see all the diagrams used in the tests and from each of them see the questions that reference that diagram.
The included Rule Book provides:
• index to US Inland, International and Canadian Rules,
• link to all illustrations used in the Navigation Rules,
• link to all vessel lights by vessel type,
• demarcation lines,
• special terminology,
• distress signals
Other features include:
• over 1200 answered and referenced questions on the Navigation Rules,
• complete copy of the Navigation Rules,
• custom design your practice tests by number, filter, and type so you can focus on what you need to learn,
• rules are clearly identified as Inland and International or both,
• all practice tests results are stored until manually deleted,
• Canadian Modifications to the Navigation Rules.